image source: unsplash
If you’re a coffee drinker, K cups deliver consistent cups of coffee and they save you the time it takes to brew a pot in a traditional coffee maker. While the K cup offers incredible convenience, finding K cups cheap may be a challenge. They can cost upwards of $1 a cup. But we’ve done the comparisons and found great, budget friendly options for you to try.
K Cup FAQ
We've imparted answers here to some questions we came across most often which we were able toascertain as we investigated where to find K Cups cheap.
1. What is a K Cup?
The K in K cup stands for Keurig, which was the first manufacturer of single-serve coffee pods. In more recent years, the term has come to mean any single serve coffee pod that can be brewed in a Keurig coffee maker. Keurig still remains the dominant brand because it has licensed the K cup design to other brands such as Starbucks and Twinnings tea.
Coffee is a way of stealing time which should by rights belong to your older self.— Terry Pratchett
The K cup itself is a small, cup-shaped plastic container that is filled with coffee grounds, or tea or cocoa mix, and covered with a heavy-duty foil lid. It contains enough coffee grounds or tea or cocoa mix to make up to a 12 ounce beverage, depending on how strong you like it. Everything is pre-measured and the K cups are very portable.
2. Why Use K Cups?
There are many reasons that people choose to use K Cups.
Fresh Brewed Every Time
To make a fresh cup of coffee, you simply insert a K cup into your K cup machine, close the lid and press brew. The coffee inside the pod is vacuum-sealed, so it’s fresh. No more stale coffee. When you brew coffee in a traditional coffee pot, the heating element can burn the coffee after a while.
There’s no dumping the grounds and cleaning the coffee pot here. you simply remove the pod from the K cup brewer and put it in the trash. Just make sure the pod has cooled enough to pick it up safely and dispose of it.
Time and Consistency
There are no beans to grind or coffee to measure. Unless you have worked out the precise amount of coffee to water ratio for your coffee pot and follow it exactly every time, you are not going to get a consistent cup of coffee. There’s nothing worse than going through the trouble and waiting for a pot of coffee, only to find out it’s too weak or too strong for your liking. The K cup eliminates the guesswork.
3. Is K Cup Coffee Brewing Technique Different?
There are two main brewing methods for making coffee — drip and pressurized. Pressurized brewers force pressurized hot water through ground coffee, extracting flavors more quickly than with a gravity drip system. Drip coffee makers work by allowing hot water to flow through coffee grounds contained in a filter. Gravity causes the brewed coffee to drip down into a pot. This method takes longer, but is believed to extract more flavor from the coffee. The K cup machine uses a blend of both options.
4. Where Can You Buy K Cups?
You can buy K Cups online, at discount stores, grocery stores and coffee shops and some stores that sell home goods.
How We Reviewed
The following K Cups were evaluated based on price, taste, pros and cons and if they are environmentally friendly. As you will see, not all coffee pods are created equally.
While finding so many K Cups cheap is great news for your budget, you many also want great tasting coffee that doesn't fill up our landfills with pad waste. We considered this in our review and brought you the best sources for getting K Cups cheap.
K Cups Cheap - Overall Price Range
We've discovered K-Cups as low as $0.30 each and for as much as $6.
What We Reviewed
- Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 compatible
- Made in the USA
- Eco-friendly | save up to 70% on Coffee
- Easy to use and clean, dishwasher safe
- No filter holder removal needed
The Ekobrew is a reusable K Cup style pod that is Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 compatible. You can fill the pod with your own ground coffee and save up to 70 percent on the cost of coffee. If you are concerned about the negative environmental impact of disposable K Cups, not just finding K Cups cheap, this is a good option. It’s easy to use and to clean and is dishwasher safe. There’s no filter holder removal needed, and it’s BPA free.
The Ekobrew can be found on Amazon for around $6 for one or $16 for four.
San Francisco Bay
- FOG CHASER: This full-bodied, well balanced medium-dark roast coffee is a blend of Central & South American beans that lifts away the morning "fog."
- KEURIG COMPATIBLE: Designed for use with K cup style single serve brewers including Keurig 2.0. SF Bay Coffee is not affiliated with Keurig Green Mountain.
- ECO-FRIENDLY, COMMERCIALLY COMPOSTABLE: OneCup pods, including the outer bag and one-way coffee valve, are made from plant-based materials and are certified fully commercially compostable by BPI.
- QUALITY COFFEE: San Francisco Bay Coffee uses only 100% arabica coffee and certified Kosher coffee beans. Unlike kcups, our roasted coffee is ground and packaged fresh. We're so confident you'll love it, we back it with a satisfaction guarantee.
- SF BAY COFFEE is a family owned, American made company with a rich tradition. Our reputation reflects on us as a family so if you're ever not happy with your purchase, call us at 1(800) 829-1300 and we'll make it right.
The San Francisco Bay OneCups are compatible with most Keurig K Cup 1.0 & 2.0 brewers, Cuisinart, Bunn, iCoffee and other single serve brewers. The Rogers Family Company, makers of San Francisco Bay, has a mission to search out the finest arabica varieties and roast the richest, most flavorful coffees.
The OneCup is certified compostable by an industrial composting facility.
The cup has a ring made of corn byproducts, a lid made of paper and potato waste, and a filter made of paper. The company is working on home composting certification. If you want the convenience of a K Cup and K Cups cheap, this may be the pick for you.
San Francisco Bay OneCup pods can be found on Amazon for around $40 for 80 pods.
Yes. The packaging and the pods are biodegradable in an industrial facility. That means they will breakdown over time and not take up landfill space indefinitely.
Breakfast Blend K Cups, Hippie Morning by Hip Cup
A medium roast coffee, the Hippie Morning Blend is a version of a famous breakfast blend coffee. It has a rich, nutty flavor with notes of milk chocolate. This coffee is roasted to medium dark, bringing out the best flavor qualities. These K Cups work with most Keurig coffee machines, including Keurig 2.0, Keurig HOT and Keurig Carafe. If you want a breakfast blend taste, but you want K Cups cheap, this may be the go-to option.
Breakfast Blend K Cups, Hippie Morning by Hip Cup can be found on Amazon for around $35 for 80 pods.
This brand does not claim to be environmentally friendly.
Caza Trail Coffee, Donut Shop Blend
- Blend of select coffees from Latin America
- Smooth, delightful flavor with clean acidity and a familiar, toasty aroma
- Convenient for busy mornings or when you need an on-the-go treat
- Kosher certified
- Single serve cups compatible with all 1.0 & 2.0 Brewers
Caza Trail Coffee, Donut Shop Blend is a mix of coffees from Latin America with a smooth flavor and clean acidity. Kosher certified, these single serve cups are compatible with all 1.0 and 2.0 brewers. If you are looking to emphasize the cheap in getting K Cups cheap, Caza Trail is for you. You won’t sacrifice quality either. The company is in pursuit of the perfect cup which means sourcing in Asia and South America. Care and quality go into each cup
Caza Trail Coffee, Donut Shop Blend can be found on Amazon for around $35 for 100 K Cups.
This brand does not claim to be environmentally friendly.
McCafe Premium Roast Coffee
- Expertly roasted for a smooth, balanced flavor
- Made with 100% Arabica beans for top quality
- Contains 100 K Cup Pods for Keurig Brewers
- Kosher certified
- Superior flavor
McCafe Premium Roast Coffee offers you K-Cups cheap, but from a familiar place. The McCafe coffee is the same flavorful blends made with 100 percent Arabica beans that you get in your favorite McDonald’s coffee. The company says the beans are carefully harvested from the rich soils of Central and South America. The coffee has a bold flavor that can stand up to sugar and creamer. Some customers say it tastes exactly like the java they get at the fast food restaurant, others say it’s close enough.
McCafe Premium Roast Coffee can be found on Amazon for around $45 for 100 K Cups
Double Donut Coffee, in Recyclable Single Serve Cups
- SUGAR FREE! Double Donut Coffee and Flavored Coffee Single serve cups for Keurig K cup brewer variety pack sampler contains: Bold Blend, Breakfast Blend, Espresso Roast, House Blend, French Roast, Italian Roast, Vanilla Bean, Classic Hazelnut, Pumpkin Pie.
- Better Choice: Double Donut capsules are Recyclable perfect for use with both the 1.0 and 2.0 Keurig K-Cup brewer. Please help stop the proliferation of non-recyclable capsules
- STOCK UP AFFORDABLY: Buying coffee in bulk means that you don't have to order as often and don't need to worry about running out. Perfect for the office breakroom or to stock up at home.
- TOP QUALITY: Double Donut coffees are made from high-quality Arabica beans for true, rich flavor. They are sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and certified Kosher Pareve.
- Double Donut Coffee has no affiliation with Keurig or K-Cup. Keurig and K-Cup are registered trademarks of Keurig and Green Mountain
Double Donut Coffee, in Recyclable Single Serve Cups variety pack sampler contains: Bold Blend, Breakfast Blend, Espresso Roast, House Blend, French Roast, Italian Roast, Vanilla Bean, Classic Hazelnut, and Pumpkin Pie. Double Donut capsules are recyclable and fit the 1.0 and 2.0 Keurig K Cup brewer. Made with high-quality Arabica beans for true, rich flavor. Double Donuts coffee is certified Kosher and gluten-free. If you want your K Cups cheap and in many flavors, this pick is for you.
Double Donut Coffee, in Recyclable Single Serve Cups can be found on Amazon for around $30 for a pack of 80.
Yes. The coffee pods can be recycled, freeing up space in landfills.
Amazon Brand Solimo Dark Roast Coffee Pods
- 100 French Roast coffee pods
- 100% Arabica coffee
- A hot, refreshing, intense cup of coffee, made with a very bold dark roast coffee profile that has some bold, smoky notes
- Compatible with 1.0 and 2.0 k-cup brewers
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We're proud of our products. If you aren't satisfied, we'll refund you for any reason within a year of purchase. 1-877-485-0385
Amazon Brand Solimo Dark Roast Coffee Pods are the retail giant's brand of K Cups. If Amazon is going to sell other K Cups cheap, why not join the coffee pod party? You get 100 dark roast, single serve cups that provide coffee with a smooth finish They use 100 percent Arabica coffee and the pods are compatible with 1.0 and 2.0 K Cup brewers.
Amazon Brand Solimo Dark Roast Coffee Pods can be found on Amazon for around $30 per 100 pods.
Not environmentally friendly.
Eight O'Clock Coffee The Original, Single Serve Coffee K-Cup
- Outstandingly smooth, yet full bodied with a complex finish
- Medium roast, caffeinated coffee
- Orthodox Union Kosher
- Made with 100 percentage Arabica coffee
The Original Eight O'Clock Coffee is the sure thing when it come to getting K-Cups cheap. It is consistently and outstandingly smooth, yet full-bodied with a complex finish. it's Orthodox Union Kosher and made with 100 percent Arabica coffee. While it's a little pricey for cheap K Cups on Amazon, you can find it in grocery stores, discount stores and possibly where you might buy a brewer. This coffee is made in Maryland and has been around since 1859. You don't have that kind of longevity by marketing bad beans.
The Original Eight O'Clock Coffee can be found on Amazon for around $45 for 72 pods.
Does not claim to be environmentally friendly.
While we love the idea of having a reusable coffee pod, most people get a single cup brewer for the convenience of brewing a perfect cup of coffee in no time and with little or no cleanup afterward.
Our vote for the brand that delivers a great cup of coffee with little mess and the least impact on the environment is San Francisco Bay. They have variety, seasonal flavors and the cost is about $35 for 80 of them online. You can also find the pods at your local grocery store.